We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent authority which upholds information rights in the public interest, promoting data privacy for individuals, which helps support and comply with The Data Protection Act 1998.
By using this website and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us, and third parties collecting and using your personal information in accordance with the terms set out in this policy.
How we use your information
We will primarily use the personal information to:
- Provide the services you request from us.
- Communicate with you in the event that any services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your order for record keeping purposes.
- Carry out market research so that we can improve the services we offer.
- Track and analyse activity on our website.
- Create an individual profile, such as the patient record for you so that we can enhance your user experience.
- Understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them.
The information we may collect from you
In order to provide you with the services you require, we will collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications. We will be keeping information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. These will include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number and details that are relevant to the service(s) in which you are interested. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also collect sensitive personal data concerning health matters from or about you if you register for the online doctor service, details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes, to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services. We will use the information we collect from you to provide you information relating to other products that maybe of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information. We may also use your details to inform you of any changes to our website, services, goods and products. We may at times ask you to complete surveys and to give us feedback on our products and services. We use such information for research purposes and to improve our services, although you do not have to respond to any such surveys or other questionnaires. We may contact you to obtain feedback and/or review for the services we provide, and the products that we sell in order to give you a better experience and service in the future. Our Review process may include third parties that we work with directly, who may contact you through various mediums (this may include, email, telephone, text messages and other forms of media) on our behalf. You also consent to the use of your email address by our third party review platform for their advertising purposes, and for the purpose of contacting you to submit a customer review for the goods received. You may revoke your consent at any time either through the third party review platform or by contacting us directly.
Your Medical data and order history is completely confidential and will only be viewable by our pharmacy staff, pharmacists, and medical doctors. We will never disclose this data unless legally required to by law. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to using technology to enhance your online security. Before you use certain areas of this website we ask you to register on it by requiring you to enter your personal information, including ‘sensitive personal data’ as defined by the Data Protection Act I998 ('the Act'). In respect of the aforementioned ‘sensitive personal data’ by accepting this Agreement you grant us explicit consent to collect such data. The personal information, which we hold, will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to all of our employees.
Storing your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. - Unfortunately the sending of information via the Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
We will not release to any third party any personally identifying information obtained in this way, without your prior written consent. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Act. Exceptional circumstances where your personal information may be disclosed to a third party includes; in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer, where we a re legally required by law to disclose your personal information, to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud. We will limit the collection and use of such information to the minimum required to deliver, develop and improve our services and other opportunities and the better administration of the consultations.
The Cookies we use
1. 'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the Internet. 2. 'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. 3. ‘Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. 4. 'Targeting' cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish; activating the reject cookies setting on your computer or browser can easily do this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Support & Information
For more information please contact us via email at
Instant e Care is regulated by the GPhC and is on the approved registered pharmacy premises register, with the registration number 1124966. The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) is the responsible governing body for the independent regulation of pharmacists, and pharmacy premises in Great Britain.
You can find us on their website http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/.