Cyclizine Hydrochloride Ordering Policy
10th April 2019
Since abuse of cyclizine hydrochloride (a travel sickness medication) has been noted in the past, we adhere to a strict prescribing policy. This helps us to ensure that the medication is taken appropriately and safely by our patients.
For reasons of safety the following guidelines apply:
- Cyclizine hydrochloride should not be ordered at the same time as any of the opioid painkillers (for example codeine, dihydrocodeine, co-dydramol, co-codamol, Solpadol or Zapain) since the medications can interact and cause unpleasant side effects. Orders containing both types of medication will be rejected.
- One customer may order a maximum of 200 cyclizine hydrochloride tablets in a period of two calendar months.
- If a second order is placed during the two month treatment period, that order and the payment will be withheld and released when the previous limit has expired. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- If you have placed an order with us and order with another pharmacy at the same time, you will need to let us know. We can either cancel the order or reduce the amount we supply so that it does not exceed the maximum you are allowed to have. If you are not sure about how much you can order please contact us via the online chat on our website.
- If we have reason to believe you are ordering excessive amounts of cyclizine hydrochloride, we may ask for proof of your travel plans such as travel tickets or hotel bookings.
- Multiple orders requesting cyclizine hydrochloride from the same address are likely to be rejected to prevent overuse or misuse of the medication.
- If an order is rejected by us, it is due to a clinical decision made by our prescribers. If you do not agree with a decision not to approve an order, please get in touch with our customer support. Be aware that any new (duplicate) requests are likely to be refused.
- If we believe that you are misusing our service you will be banned from ordering from us or using any of our services. We monitor all orders for safety reasons and will cooperate with the relevant authorities where necessary.