Find out more about delivery options here
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is Flomax Relief MR?
Flomax Relief MR is a modified release capsule used to treat urinary retention caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men aged 45 to 75 years old.
Men with benign prostatic hyperplasia have an enlarged prostate gland that isn’t caused by cancer. The enlarged prostate can cause urinary retention by pushing on the urethra and preventing the bladder emptying completely.
It can also mean it is more difficult for you to start urinating, it can take longer to urinate, or you need to urinate more frequently.
How does Flomax Relief work?
The active substance in Flomax Relief is tamsulosin hydrochloride. Each capsule contains 0.4mg of this ingredient. Tamulosin is in a group of medicines called ‘alpha blockers’ (or alpha1A-adrenoceptor antagonists).
Tamulosin works to relax the muscles around the prostate and urethra, making it easier for urine to pass along the urethra from the bladder.
Do not take Flomax if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- You have heart, liver or kidney problems
- You faint, or become dizzy or weak when standing up or sitting down suddenly
- You’ve had your symptoms for 3 months or less
- You have a fever due to a kidney or bladder infection
- It hurts when you urinate, or your urine was cloudy or bloody in the past three months
- You have diabetes that isn’t properly controlled
- You’ve had prostate surgery
- You have blurry or cloudy vision that hasn’t been checked by an optician
- You’re awaiting surgery for glaucoma or cataract
How do you take Flomax Relief?
Always take Flomax Relief as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. This medication is only suitable for men between the ages of 45 and 75 years old.
Take one Flomax tamsulosin capsule each day. Swallow it whole, with water, just after a meal. Try to take Flomax at the same time each day.
If it’s your first time taking Flomax and your symptoms haven’t improved (or have worsened) after two weeks, you should see your doctor. Otherwise, you should see your doctor after 6 weeks of starting to take Flomax to check that it’s working properly.
How effective is Flomax Relief?
Flomax Relief is a clinically proven treatment for urinary retention caused by BPH in men.
You should be sure to have regular check-ups with your doctor when taking this medication, particularly if your symptoms worsen or don’t improve at all.
You should also make sure you have a prostate examination every 12 months.
What are the main side effects of Flomax Relief?
Like all medicines, Flomax Relief can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. The most common side effects of Flomax Relief are:
- Feeling dizzy when you sit down or stand up.
- Producing little or no semen during ejaculation.
- Feeling weak when you sit down or stand up.
For a full list of Flomax Relief side effects, please see the patient information leaflet.