Find out more about delivery options here
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is Gyno Daktarin?
Gyno-Daktarin is a cream used to treat thrush in adult females. It treats infections in and around the vagina, with symptoms including redness, itching and white discharge.
How does Gyno-Daktarin work?
Gyno-Daktarin contains the active ingredient miconazole nitrate, which is an antifungal medicine. It works to kill the fungus that causes thrush and also helps to control some of the bacteria that may also be present.
How do you use Gyno-Daktarin?
Always use this thrush treatment as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. You should also read the patient information leaflet in full before taking this medication.
Your tube of cream will be sealed, so use the cap to break the seal. Do not swallow the cream. It should only be used in and around the vagina, for external and internal thrush infections.
For infections inside the vagina:
- Insert the cream into your vagina once a day.
- Fill the applicator with cream by screwing the yellow end of the applicator with the green band into the tube of cream.
- At the same time, squeeze the tube and pull the inner plunger of the applicator out until it reaches the stop mark.
- Insert the yellow end of the filled applicator into your vagina and push the plunger gently until it won’t go any further. This moves the cream from the applicator to your vagina.
- Remove the plunger, throw it in the bin and wash your hands with soap and water.
For infections outside the vagina:
- Apply a thin layer of the cream twice a day to the affected area.
Use the cream until the treatment is finished. You should continue to use it through your period too.
The cream won’t stain your clothes but you may find you are more comfortable if you use a sanitary towel.
How effective is Gyno-Daktarin?
Gyno-Daktarin is a clinically proven vaginal thrush treatment when used correctly.
You can help to prevent further outbreaks of vaginal thrush by avoiding highly scented shower and bath products and not wearing tight fitting underwear and tights.
Your sexual partner may need to be treated for thrush as well.
What are the main side effects of Gyno-Daktarin?
Like all medicines, Gyno Daktarin cream can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. The most common side effects of Gyno-Daktarin are:
- Itching, irritation or burning of the treated area
- Skin rash or hives
- Stomach pains
For a full list of Gyno-Daktarin thrush cream side effects, please see the patient information leaflet. If you are concerned that you may be suffering from any uncommon side effects, contact your doctor for advice straight away.
|Dosage Instructions||Internal use: use the applicator to insert cream into your vagina ONCE per day.|