Elleste Solo MX
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What are Elleste Solo MX patches?
Elleste Solo MX patches used in hormone replacement therapy (HRT). They are prescribed to women whose menopause symptoms are bad enough that they affect their everyday life.
These Elleste Solo MX patches come in two doses: 40 micrograms and 80 micrograms. It’s important that you take the exact dosage your doctor prescribed for you so you don’t get too much of the HRT hormones.
The sticky side of the patches contains the HRT medication. The hormones are slowly absorbed into your body through the skin.
Elleste Solo MX should be used by menopausal women only.
How does Elleste Solo MX work?
As women grow older, the amount of the hormones oestrogen and progesterone produced by their body can fluctuate and decrease. This brings about menopause and can cause the unpleasant symptoms such as mood swings, night sweats and hot flushes.
Elleste Solo MX patches replace the oestrogen hormone to help relieve symptoms of menopause symptoms. They contain estradiol, which is a synthetic version of the oestrogen produced by the body. The estradiol in Elleste Solo MX patches is made from plant materials.
If you still have a womb, your doctor will usually have prescribed Elleste Solo MX patches alongside a progestogen product. This is done to cancel out the increased risk of womb cancer that comes from taking an oestrogen-only form of HRT.
You will have a monthly bleed when using Elleste Solo MX patches. You may have unexpected bleeding or spotting in between your monthly bleed for the first 6 months, but it should not continue past this point. If it does, you should see your doctor.
It is important to remember that these HRT products are NOT contraceptives.
How do you use Elleste Solo MX?
You should use Elleste Solo MX patches exactly how your doctor prescribed. You should also read the patient information leaflet in full before you begin using your HRT patches.
Make sure you use the Elleste Solo MX patches that your doctor has prescribed since the two kinds contain a different dose of estradiol.
When to start using Elleste Solo MX:
- You can start using Elleste Solo MX at any time if your periods aren’t regular, or if you’re changing from a form of HRT that doesn’t give you a withdrawal bleed.
- If you are not currently taking HRT and are still having regular periods, or you are changing from a form of HRT that gives you a withdrawal bleed, you should start using Elleste Solo MX within 5 days of the start of bleeding.
You should change your patch twice a week, on the same two days each week depending on the day you started using the patches. You should wear each patch for either 3 or 4 days but no longer. As an example, if you use your first patch on Monday, you should change it on Thursday and then again the following Monday.
Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry, unbroken skin below the waist such as the thigh, bottom or lower back. The skin shouldn’t be red or irritated. You should never place your patch on your breasts or anywhere else on the upper body. If you have stuck the patch on correctly, it shouldn’t come off in the bath or shower.
Things you need to know before taking Elleste Solo MX 40mcg / 80mcg
Before you start HRT, you should make sure you talk to your doctor so that you understand all the risks and benefits.
You doctor will want you to be on the lowest dose necessary to manage your symptoms. For this reason, you should go for regular check-ups with your GP so they can monitor your symptoms and check that your treatment is working well.
You should also make sure you attend breast screening sessions and cervical smears when they are due.
You shouldn’t use Elleste Solo MX if:
- You’re allergic to any of the ingredients in the patches
- You currently have / have ever had breast cancer
- You have / have ever had a cancer made worse by oestrogens (such as endometrial cancer)
- You have an untreated thickening of the womb lining
- You have vaginal bleeding that hasn’t been explained
- You have ever had blood clots or blood problems that may increase the likelihood of a blood clot (such as protein C, protein S or antithrombin deficiency)
- You have / have ever had liver disease
- You have ever had blocked arteries that resulted in angina, a heart attack or a stroke
- You have the hereditary condition porphyria
- You have inflammation of a vein just under the skin
If you are going to have surgery, it may be necessary to stop taking your treatment for 4-6 weeks before your operation. You should make sure your surgeon is aware that you are using HRT patches so they can decide whether you should stop or not.
What are the main side effects of Elleste Solo MX?
Like any other medication, Elleste Solo MX patches can cause side effects. With HRT, side effects are usually temporary, and not everyone will experience side effects. Be sure you talk to your doctor to understand any side effects and risks associated with HRT.
Risks include an increased risk of developing the following conditions:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial hyperplasia / cancer (abnormal growth / cancer of the womb lining)
- Blood clots in the veins of the legs or lungs (venous thromboembolism)
- Heart disease and stroke
- Memory loss if HRT is started over the age of 6
Three of the most common side effects for Elleste Solo MX 40mcg and 80mcg are:
- Tender breasts
- Breakthrough bleeding
|Dosage Instructions||Use ONE patch TWICE a week as directed. Read the patient information leaflet in full before using.|