Scheriproct Suppositories and Ointment
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What are Scheriproct suppositories and ointment?
Scheriproct suppositories and ointments work to relieve the pain and reduce the inflammation from hemorrhoids (piles). The suppositories are to be used internally, and the ointment can be used both internally and externally.
How does Scheriproct work?
Scheriproct suppositories and ointment are used in the short term for 5-7 days to ease piles symptoms including swelling, soreness and inflammation. This medication also helps to relieve an itchy anus. The ingredient prednisolone works to reduce inflammation whilst a local anaesthetic called cinchocaine provides piles pain relief.
How do you take Scheriproct suppositories and ointment?
Always use Scheriproct as directed by your doctor or pharmacist and for no longer than 7 days. Always wash your hands before and after applying Scheriproct.
Apply Scheriproct ointment twice a day, although it can be used 3-4 times on the first day if you need more relief. The dose for the suppositories is one per day, ideally after going to the toilet. If your piles symptoms are very bad, you can use 2-3 suppositories on the first day of treatment.
To use Scheriproct ointment:
- Gently wash and dry the anus and the skin around it.
- For use around the anus, squeeze a pea-sized amount onto a finger and spread over the skin without rubbing in.
- For use inside the anus, put the separate applicator nozzle onto the tube and squeeze the tube to fill the nozzle. One dose is the amount of ointment in the nozzle. Carefully insert the nozzle into the anus until it is fully inside, then squeeze the tube gently whilst slowly removing it from the anus. Wash the nozzle well with soapy water.
To use a Scheriproct suppository:
- Remove the foil packet from the suppository.
- Insert the suppository fully into the anus. This can be made easier by squatting or standing with one leg raised.
How effective are Scheriproct suppositories and ointment?
Scheriproct suppositories and ointment are clinically proven hemorrhoid treatments. So as not to make your hemorrhoids worse, and to make recurrences less likely, you can also do the following things:
- Drink plenty of water, particularly if you are constipated
- Increase the amount of fibre in your diet
- Avoid straining when you go to the toilet
What are the main side effects of Scheriproct suppositories and ointment?
Like all medicines, Scheriproct can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. The most common side effects of Scheriproct suppositories and ointments are:
- Thinning of the skin if the ointment is used for much longer than 5-7 days.
- Allergic skin reactions due to the castor oil in Scheriproct ointment.
For a list of further side effects, please see the patient information leaflet.
|Dosage Instructions||Apply ointment TWICE daily for 5–7 days, apply 3–4 times a day on the first day if necessary, then apply ONCE daily for a few days after symptoms have cleared.|