Dymista Nasal Spray
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is Dymista?
Dymista is a nasal spray used to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis. While Dymista does not cure hayfever, it greatly reduces the effects and symptoms of hayfever caused by allergens such as tree, weed and grass pollen. This aqueous nasal spray contains two active ingredients: azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate. Azelastine hydrochloride is an antihistamine while fluticasone propionate is a corticosteroid also known as a steroid.
How does Dymista work?
The antihistamines in Dymista nasal spray work by preventing the effects of histamine, a substance that the body produces as part of an allergic reaction. This reduces the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis. The steroids in this medication work to reduce inflammation. Together, the antihistamine and steroid in this nose spray alleviate the symptoms caused by hay fever.
How do you use Dymista?
For adults and adolescents (12 years and above), the recommended dose is one spray into each nostril in the morning and evening. This medication is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Before using this nose spray, you must prepare the spray. Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds and then press down and release the pump into the air until a fine mist appears. If the spray has not been used for more than 7 days, you will need to re-prepare the pump.
Proper administration of your nasal spray is crucial to ensure that you are reaping the maximum benefits of this medication. Follow these steps in order to make sure you are using your nasal spray correctly:
- Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds
- Blow your nose to clear your nostrils
- Keep your head tilted downwards - do not tilt your head backwards
- Hold the bottle upright and carefully insert the spray tip into one nostril
- Close the other nostril with your finger
- Rapidly press down once on the pump and sniff gently at the same time
- Breathe out through your mouth
- Repeat in your other nostril
- Breathe in gently, do not tilt your head back after dosing
- Wipe the spray tip with a clean tissue and then replace the protective cap
Asthma UK has a video on their website showing you how to correctly use a nasal spray for hay fever and allergies.
How effective is Dymista in treating hay fever symptoms?
As Dymista contains both an antihistamine and a steroid it is an extremely effective way of managing hay fever symptoms such as runny nose, post nasal drip, sneezing and itchy or blocked nose. You can buy Dymista online here.
What are the common side effects of Dymista?
Like any medication, Dymista nasal spray can cause side effects. However, not everyone will experience these side effects. The most common side effects are:
- A bitter taste in your mouth - this is more likely to occur if you tilt your head backwards while using the nasal spray and should go away if you have a soft drink within a few minutes of using this medication
For a list of rare side effects, see the patient information leaflet.
|Dosage Instructions||ONE spray into each nostril in the morning and evening|