Find out more about delivery options here
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is a Symbicort Turbohaler?
Symbicort Turbohaler (Symbicort Turbuhaler) is a clinically proven preventer inhaler used to successfully prevent asthma symptoms from arising. Unlike reliever inhalers, Symbicort is used daily to prevent symptoms from arising, rather than at the onset of symptoms.
How does a Symbicort Turbohaler work?
There are two active ingredients in a Symbicort Turbohaler: budesonide and formoterol fumarate. Budesonide has anti-inflammatory properties, while formoterol fumarate is a bronchodilator. Together they help reduce swelling and irritation in the lungs which causes them to relax, ultimately facilitating breathing.
How do you use a Symbicort Turbohaler?
Take ONE - TWO inhalations in the morning, and ONE - TWO inhalation in the evening. Do not use more than twice a day. It is important that you use your Turbohaler daily. Directions for use:
- Unscrew the cover and lift it off.
- Hold the Turbuhaler upright with the red grip at the bottom.
- Do not hold the mouthpiece when you load your Symbicort Turbohaler. Turn the red grip as far as it will go in one direction, and then turn it as far as it will go in the other direction. Once you hear a click, the Turbohaler is ready to use.
- Place the mouthpiece gently between your teeth. Close your lips. Inhale as deeply and as hard as possible.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and exhale.
- Replace the cover tightly after each use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use and spit it out.
Symbicort Turbuhaler is different than other inhalers; a smaller amount of medication is released with each inhalation. The smaller dose may mean that it might not feel like you’ve inhaled any medication, despite having used the Symbicort Turbohaler correctly. This is perfectly normal with this inhaler and you can be confident that you have inhaled the proper metered dose.
How effective is a Symbicort Turbohaler?
Symbicort Turbohaler is a clinically proven preventer inhaler for people with asthma. However, asthma patients should also have a reliever inhaler should their symptoms arise despite using their preventer inhaler.
What are the main side effects of a Symbicort Turbohaler?
Like all medicines, Symbicort Turbuhaler can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience these. The most common side effects of this medication are palpitations (awareness of your heart beating), trembling or shaking.
For more side effects, please see the patient information leaflet.
|Dosage Instructions||Inhale ONE to TWO puffs in the morning and evening as directed.|