Find out more about delivery options here
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is a Sirdupla inhaler?
Sirdupla inhalers are long-acting inhalers. Sirdupla inhalers are preventer inhalers. They should not be used to relieve asthma once symptoms arise, but should be used to prevent asthma.
Sirdupla should be taken daily.
How does Sirdupla work?
Sirdupla contains two active ingredients: salmeterol and fluticasone propionate.
Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator. It works to help the airways in the lungs stay open, which makes it easier for air to get in and out.
Fluticasone propionate is a glucocorticosteroid, which is a type of steroid that reduces swelling and irritation in the lungs.
How do you take Sirdupla?
Always take this medication exactly as it has been prescribed to you.
Sirdupla 25/125: 2 puffs twice a day
Sirdupla 25/250 2 puffs twice a day
How use your inhaler:
- Remove the mouthpiece.
- Shake the inhaler 4 or 5 times.
- Hold the inhaler upright with your thumb on the base. Exhale as far as is comfortable.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth. Close your lips around it.
- Begin to inhale. Just after starting to breathe in, press firmly down on the top of the canister to release a puff of medicine. Continue to breathe in steadily and deeply.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit it out.
It is important to rinse your mouth out with water after using this inhaler. Failing to do so could result in a thrush infection in the mouth.
How effective is Sirdupla?
While Sirdupla is a clinically proven preventer inhaler, it is important that you also have a reliever inhaler in case your asthma symptoms arise. Sirdupla is not to be used at the onset of asthma symptoms.
What are the main side effects of Sirdupla inhalers?
Like all medicines, Sirdupla can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. Side effects are typically mild to moderate and only last a short duration.
The most common side effects of Sirdupla are:
- Thrush in the mouth and throat
- Aching, swollen joints
- Muscle cramps
For less frequent side effects, please see the patient information leaflet.
|Dosage Instructions||Inhale TWO puffs TWICE a day|