Find out more about delivery options here
Next day delivery
Free option available
With free medical assessment
No hidden fees
Genuine, branded medication
Fully secure & confidential
What is Aerochamber Plus?
The Aerochamber Plus Valved Holding Chamber (VHC) is a device that is used to help improve the delivery of the medication in asthma inhalers to the lungs. The Aerochamber Plus, also commonly referred to as an Aerochamber spacer, makes it easier to ensure you are getting the maximum benefits of your asthma inhaler if you are worried that you are not using your asthma inhaler correctly.
How does Aerochamber Plus work?
Aerochamber Plus slows down the speed of the medicine in your inhaler by holding it suspended for a short amount of time until you are ready to inhale it. This facilitates using your inhaler and ensures that you are getting the proper metered dose of your medication.
How do you use Aerochamber Plus?
- Remove the caps from the inhaler and the Aerochamber.
- Shake the inhaler as you would if you were using it without the Aerochamber.
- Insert the inhaler into the back-piece of the Aerochamber.
- Put the mouthpiece into your mouth and close your lips around it.
- Breathe out and slowly press the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inhalation. Breathe in slowly and deeply through the mouth until a full breath has been taken.
- Hold your breath for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Take 2 - 3 normal breaths through the chamber after the inhaler has been pressed.
When using the Aerochamber, slow down your breathing if you hear the FlowSignal whistle sound.
Clean your Aerochamber weekly.
For more detailed instructions, please see the patient information leaflet.
How effective is Aerochamber Plus?
Aerochamber Plus is clinically proven to facilitate administering asthma inhalers. If you think you might need more advice on how to properly use an asthma inhaler, please click here.
In addition, if you’d like more information on how to use your Aerochamber Plus, please read the patient information leaflet.
Who might need an Aerochamber Plus for their asthma pump?
If you suspect that you’re using your inhaler incorrectly or if you find it difficult to use your inhaler, you should consider an Aerochamber Plus. These devices ensure that you are getting the proper metered dose of your medication.
Talk to your GP or pharmacist if you are unsure about using an Aerochamber Plus.
|Dosage Instructions||Use as directed.|